The Yamaha DGX650B Digital Piano features a wide range of interactive features for learning, playing and sharing music. This digital piano boasts of a Graded Hammer Standard action and PureCF sampling, which includes recordings of a Yamaha concert grand piano.
- PureCF-sampled piano. This features a carefully-recorded sampling of Yamaha’s well-known CFIIIS 9 foot concert grand piano. Accurately tuned under a strictly-controlled environment, it generates the true resonance and tone of the CFIIIS grand piano with remarkable mimicry.
- Damper Resonance DSP. Digitally reproduces the sympathetic interaction between strings on acoustic pianos. When the damper pedal is used in a performance, the harmonics of other strings wash over the notes you play until the pedal is released.
- 88-note, weighted Graded Hammer Standard action. Mimicking the hammers inside an acoustic piano, it offers a weighted action with a heavier touch in the low end and a lighter touch in the high end. This helps the pianist in transitioning smoothly from a digital piano to an acoustic piano if needed.
- 128-Note Polyphony. Provides enough horsepower to ensure no notes are dropped off even while layering two voices and playing two-handed sustained chords accompanied by heavy pedaling.
- USB Audio (WAV) Recording and Playback. Record performances or MIDI songs as uncompressed, CD-quality audio to a USB flash drive.
- AUX Line Input. Any device with an audio output can be connected to the Yamaha DGX650B and heard through its built-in speakers, making it a great speaker system for any sound source.
- Style Recommender. This feature suggests a list of toning styles based on the rhythm you played. It helps you choose the perfect accompaniment to the song you want to play.
- Smart Chord. Ideal for beginners, the Smart Chord automatically detects the correct chord based on the notes pressed by the left hand, providing a perfectly-sounding accompaniment.
- Learning Tools. This digital piano comes with a Y.E.S. (Yamaha Educational Suite) mode where you can learn how to play along with songs from Yamaha MusicSoft at your own speed. A split and dual mode is also available, allowing students and teachers to play on the same octave.
- Record and share music. It allows you to record up to five 30,000 note songs to its 1.7 MB internal memory. Also with the USB flash memory, played songs or compositions can be transferred to a computer or shared with other people.
- Excellent quality sound source. With a sound source closely emulating the Yamaha CFIIIS full concert grand piano, one of Yamaha’s finest, you are ensured of an excellent-sounding digital piano.
- Auto accompaniment. This is ideal for beginners still learning musical chords.
- Acoustic piano-like keyboard. Its Graded Hammer Standard keyboard not only produces an acoustic piano-like sound, the weighted keys enable pianists to transition between digital and acoustic pianos smoothly.
- Reliable speaker system. The speakers of the Yamaha DGX650B digital piano are contained in a large enclosure and consist of separate tweeters and woofers that deliver a powerful bass sound and a pure treble with a dynamic control.
- Some people who reviewed this product found it quite heavy as opposed to it being advertised as a portable digital piano.
- There is no MIDI port.
- Some people also found the pedals to be stiff which does not allow for adjustment.
Overall, the Yamaha DGX650B is a high-end digital piano that offers excellent-quality sound and its weighted keys will still give you the feel of a real piano. Used by some of the most famous recording artists, it offers great value for your money.
|Product||Yamaha DGX650B Digital Piano||Casio Privia PX-160 Digital Piano Bundle||Casio PX760 BK Privia Digital Piano|
|Price||$ 749.99||$ 669.99||$ 699.00|
|Dimension||58.9 x 21.5 x 12.8 inches||11.5 x 52 x 5.6 inches||59 x 15 x 17 inches|
|Weight||83.6 pounds||50 pounds||85 pounds|
|Warranty||1 year||3 years||3 years|
If you are keen with the components of a real acoustic piano, the Yamaha DGX650B is the best value for money, even though it’s not a bundle, because it has a built-in three-pedal unit which is very important in enhancing music expression.
Might Be you like these Piano Comparison Reviews: