Casio Privia PX-160 Digital Piano Bundle Review
For people looking for an affordable digital piano with an authentic acoustic piano sound, the Casio Privia PX-160 Digital Piano Bundle is for you. Designed to be better than its previous Privia versions, the PX-160 has fully-weighted keys that feel heavy, resistant and conducive to efficient piano lessons.
Features of the Casio Privia PX-160 Digital Piano Bundle:
- Multi-dimensional AiR Sound Source. With more than three times the memory of previous generations, the AiR processor makes use of grand piano samples recorded at four dynamic levels of sampling to produce an authentic replication of a grand piano’s sound.
- Rear-ported speakers for superior sound. The PX-160’s 8w x 8w speaker system provides a remarkably rich tone and projection due to it being located at the rear. With the speakers open to the front but also projected to the back, a multi-dimensional sound is produced that bounces off the wall.
- USB connection and 2-track recorder. These features allow you to share and capture moments of creativity and record your compositions easily. It also has a built-in USB MIDI interface to make it easier to connect your digital piano to any computer.
- Keyboard action. The Privia PX-160 has 88-key Tri-Sensor Scaled Hammer Action II means that it has the same size and scaled hammer action as an acoustic piano with heavier lower keys and lighter higher keys. The weighted keys are also ebony and ivory textured which gives it an authentic look as well as preventing fingers from slipping.
- 128-note Polyphony. This is sufficient enough to play most songs without dropping any notes.
- SP33 three-pedal unit included. This three-pedal unit provides a sustain pedal, a soft pedal,and a sostenuto pedal. The SP-33 also features an extended-damper function that simulates a pedal being pressed down halfway.
- Other functions.
- Split mode. This allows the pianist to play two different instrument sounds on each hand within a keyboard to give the effect of different instruments being played simultaneously at once.
- Layer mode. This allows the pianist to be able to play two different sounds simultaneously on one key.
- Duet mode. With this mode, you can divide the keyboard into two separate keyboards with the same octave, which is useful for piano lessons.
- Sensors: The PX-160 has three sensors under each key as opposed to other brands on the same price range which offer only two sensors.
- Impressive Features: Also, compared to other digital pianos in this price range, this model offers a wider and more expressive sound with hammer response, damper noise and damper resonance included which adds to the authenticity of its sound.
- The synthetic ivory and ebony material help absorb sweat.
- Affordable-price: It comes in a bundle that is affordably-priced.
- The three-pedal board included cannot be used aside from attaching it to the furniture stand.
The Casio Privia PX-160 Digital Piano Bundle gives the best value for your money, considering the inclusions the bundle has to offer. The PX-160 digital piano is also of good quality which makes this a good buy for beginners.
|Product||Casio Privia PX-160 Digital Piano Bundle||Casio PX860 BK Privia Digital Home Piano, Black||Yamaha DGX650B Digital Piano|
|Price||$ 669.99||$ 999.00||$ 749.99|
|Dimension||Digital piano: 11.5 x 52 x 5.6 inches
Stand: 54 x 5 x 13 inches
|58 x 15 x 16 inches||58.9 x 21.5 x 12.8 inches|
|Weight||50 pounds||96 pounds||83.6 pounds|
|Warranty||3 years||3 years||1 year|
Because it’s a bundle, you get a lot of inclusions without paying a hefty price. This bundle will most likely satisfy beginners and people who just want to have a piano at home.
Here is the Popular Casio Piano Models with Comparison: