The Yamaha DGX650WH digital piano has interactive features that will make learning, sharing and playing music fun. It has weighted keyboard action that provides an acoustic piano feel and tone, as well as sound sampling from one of Yamaha’s finest grand pianos.
Mimicking the hammers inside an acoustic piano, it features a weighted action with a heavier touch on the low end and a lighter touch in the high end, making it easier for you to transition between a digital piano and an acoustic one.
- Damper Resonance DSP. This feature mimics the interaction between strings on acoustic pianos. When the damper pedal is used, the harmonics of other strings wash over the notes you play until the pedal is released. An option of connecting a three-foot pedal is also available to be purchased separately if you prefer to have the same range of expressive effects on a real acoustic piano.
- PureCF-sampled piano. The Yamaha DGX650WH boasts of sound sampling that produces a sound similar to Yamaha’s CFIIIS full concert grand piano. It is accurately sampled and tuned to generate the true resonance and tone of this acclaimed grand piano.
- Auto Accompaniment. Ideal for beginners, the piano’s built-in Smart Chord technology allows you to play chords by pressing only one key. This smart technology is designed to automatically detect the correct chord you want to use based on the notes pressed by the left hand.
- Connectivity. The USB port allows for connectivity in between devices. You can share and save songs or compositions by connecting an external drive. It also has an AUX line input where you can connect any device with an audio output and use the piano’s built-in speakers to listen to music.
- 128-Note Polyphony. Provides enough horsepower to ensure no notes are dropped off even while layering two voices and playing two-handed sustained chords accompanied by heavy pedaling.
- 88-note, weighted Graded Hammer Standard action. Mimicking the hammers inside an acoustic piano, it offers a weighted action with a heavier touch in the low end and a lighter touch in the high end. This helps the pianist in transitioning smoothly from a digital piano to an acoustic piano if needed.
- Style Recommender. This feature suggests a list of toning styles based on the rhythm you played. It helps you choose the perfect accompaniment to the song you want to play.
- Learning Tools. This digital piano comes with a Y.E.S. (Yamaha Educational Suite) mode where you can learn how to play along with songs from Yamaha MusicSoft at your own speed. A split and dual mode is also available allowing students and teachers to play on the same octave.
- Uses top quality piano samples from Yamaha’s famous CFIIIS concert grand piano.
- AUX line input: You can hear the sound from other devices through the internal speakers on this keyboard.
- With a 128-note polyphony, you don’t have to worry about notes dropping off.
- The weighted keyboard retains the authentic piano-like touch.
- The USB port provides options for storage and also sharing.
- There is no MIDI port.
- Some people also found the pedals to be stiff.
The Yamaha DGX650WH is an excellent-quality digital piano. It’s loaded with functionalities, both basics and some useful extras that you will find helpful whether you’re a beginner or a pro. A white unit may be more meticulous to maintain but the clean and elegant look it has makes it worth considering if you’re particular with these. It is also available in black.
|Product||Yamaha DGX650WH Digital Piano||Casio PX860 BK Privia Digital Home Piano||Casio Privia PX-160CSU Digital Piano With Stand|
|Price||$ 749.99||$ 999.00||$ 549.00|
|Dimension||58.9 x 21.5 x 12.8 inches||58 x 15 x 16 inches||58 x 13.5 x 15 inches|
|Weight||83.6 pounds||96 pounds||21 pounds|
|Warranty||1 year||3 years||3 years|
If you are one to invest in a high-quality digital piano, the Yamaha DGX650WH is worth the price, considering that aside from the basic features necessary in a digital piano, it has additional enhancements to further replicate the grand piano feel it gives.